CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

September 28, 2008

Mariners Games

Well we have lived here in Seattle(Kent) for 6 months now and have not gone to a single Mariners game. Well that changed this week. First on Monday night the Snelders, Browns, Brittany and us went to the Mariners game. We sat in the upper deck, which actually wasn't that bad. The kids sure had a fun time and Dillon was so excited to get some "fuzzy wuzzy" (translation: cotton candy). Ironically, my secretary had tickets to the baseball game the following night and could not use them so she gave them to me. They were incredible seats! I was down on the field on the 17th row right behind the Angles dugout. I was so close to the field that when the players were batting I could see their eyes. So in two nights I went to two baseball games.

A crazy coincedence was on Monday night at the game, our family was sitting in the bleachers waiting for our friends to arrive and up the stairs comes Richard Bird, my old friend from high school when we lived in Boise. Ended up that he was in town on business so I invited him to the game with me the following night.

The Mariners have struggled this season and will finish the season with the worst record in baseball. They were playing the Angles both nights who, on the other hand, have the best record in baseball. Ther first night the Mariners lost 2-1 (which made for a rather boring game), but the next night they won 9-6. I secretly was hoping the Mariners would lose that second game because it would have been the first time ever in baseball history that a team with a payroll of $100 million lost 100 games.