CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 30, 2011

2011 Seattle Mariners Fanfest

 On Saturday we headed to Safeco Field to attend Mariner's Fanfest with our friends the Wagners.  It's a two-day event, so I though showing up right when it opened would guarantee us one of the 500 vouchers to get autographs from Felix Hernandez, but was I sure wrong!  The autograph line stretched a block and a half!  My dreams were crushed quickly, so we jumped into the non-autograph line, which was only about a half-of-a-block long.  Next time we go I know I'll need to get there at least an hour early if I want to get a good autograph. Here are some pictures and videos of our day.

The kids standing in line outside Safeco Field. 

Natalie and Anderson (under the blanket) overlooking Safeco Field.

One of the three events needed to complete the activity book which entitled each of us to spin a wheel for prizes.  I didn't get a picture of the wheel but we won two youth jerseys (Guitierrez), two tote bags, and one Mariner's hand towel. 

Here are the kids participating in the Home Run Obstacle.  I think it was their favorite activity of the day.

While in line waiting to get down onto the field, we were lined up at the bullpen.  All of a sudden this guy showed up and started pitching around 95 mph.  Turns out this is Michael Pineda, one of the top prospects in all of the minor leagues.  As luck turned out, when it was our turn to enter the field, he came out of the bullpen and bumped into us.  We grabbed our baseballs and got him to give us his autograph.  Maybe one day that baseball will be worth a lot of money! 

Anderson posing for the camera. 

Fanfest Guide


Again, while waiting in line to get on the field we were lined up in front of the dugout.  A group of four pitchers showed up.  I recognized two of them being Jason Vargas and Brandon League, but I couldn't figure out who the other two were. 

Jason Vargas


We finally got down onto the field to have a chance to hit the ball over the fence.  Here are some videos of our attempts. 

And finally my turn....hit it over on my first try!

One final video from field level:

0 comments: