CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 8, 2008

Boise State University 1999-2006


Man, I was in school along time. I guess those years are a little misleading since I went on a mission for 2 of them to Campinas, Brazil. I started out at an Accounting Major, but either in my Junior year of first of my Senior year, I realized that I didn’t really like accounting too much and that if I switched my major to Finance, I could graduate one semester sooner. I ended up graduating in Finance, but only needed 2 more classes for a double major in Accounting. I think I graduated with a GPA of 3.3 or 3.4. I’m sure it could have been higher, but I spend most of my time in college working full-time and going to school full-time, not an easy task. I enjoyed the things I learned in school, but didn’t really take advantage of the social scene. Most of the friends I made came from church or work. That’s one thing I do regret about college, not being more social. Oh well, I had a beautiful wife at home and a fun little boy to play with.


I think the highlight of my time at Boise State was the football team. During my time at BSU they were the winningest (that’s not a real word)college football program of the decade and as I write today still are. The biggest game in BSU history was last year (January 2006) when we went undefeated and played in the BCS Tostitos Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma, the second winningest team of the decade. It was called David vs. Goliath. We ended up beating them in overtime in one of the most amazing college football games ever in the history of college football. Some of my favorite college memories were hanging out with Brandon Johns either watching BSU play or going to the game.




0 comments: