CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 4, 2008

Introduction

So here it is, December 23, 2007, and I finally sat down to arrange all the digital photos we have taken for the last 4 years. During that I started thinking that we have a ton of pictures (literally we have over 2,000 right now), and I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but those thousand words can only say so much. I thought I’d make some type of blog or journal to give a little insight to things going on or that have happened. We don’t have a lot of photos from the first year in our marriage due to the fact that we didn’t have a digital camera. In fact to get our digital camera, we started selling things on eBay until we had $150 to buy one on eBay. We spent a lot of our first summer married going to garage sales buying used books and selling them on eBay. Our best buy was a book on cancer that we bought for about $2 and ending up selling for close to $50. Okay, back to my introduction. I want this journal to be something that generations from now can read and see how things have changed. One of the things that always amazes me about the past is technology, so I’m going to try to reference technological things too. For instance, our pictures are taken on a 3.1 megapixel digital camera. Even now in 2007, 3.1 megapixel is pretty outdated. Also, I want to start off by saying that since I’m about 5 years behind on our journal writing, a lot of these memories won’t be in chronological order. I want the pictures to do the story telling and my comments to add insight to what happened and to refresh our memories as to what happened as well. So I guess after an introduction comes some sort of beginning, but the beginning of our marriage starts w/ the ceremony; however, we don’t have any digital photos of our wedding, so none will be shown (I did email my dad to see if he has some pictures, so maybe we will have some). Oh also, this journal probably won’t have much about my feelings, just facts. If you want feelings, you probably need to read Natalie’s journal.

0 comments: